Wednesday 30 September 2009

There can't be that many jobs out there where you get to see a colleague walk to the corner of the room, take a deep breath, and smash herself over the head with a wine bottle! Priceless. It was of course sugar glass, and part of the preparation for a particularly lively bit of slapstick in the operetta we're rehearsing, but still... unforgettable!

I'm also feeling fairly smug because I caught the Hausmeister on his way down to post the list for the laundry room in the basement, and therefore finally managed to bag a couple of days for my washing. (I hasten to add that I have actually been doing my washing, just taking it to the launderette rather than the basement.) The way this interesting arrangement works in theory is: the list is put up "towards the end of the month"; you sign up not more than three times (although the Hausmeister and his wife each appear to have bagged at least four days on the extant lists); and the key is dropped in your postbox by eight in the morning on the day you've signed up for. Because I moved in here right at the beginning of August, I had no chance to use the laundry room for that month; and the September list actually went up around 23 August and was full by the time I saw it... so I consider this a small triumph. (Sad, I know, but I can't help it!).

1 comment:

  1. Any win, no matter how small, is still a win!!!

    ReplyDelete