Friday 16 October 2009

Just another day at the office...

I spent a significant chunk of this afternoon being paid to try on underwear. In front of other women, who then bought me said underwear. This was a lot more fun than any women reading might think, and a LOT less interesting than any men reading are thinking...

I was with the costume designer for my forthcoming operetta, and one of the costume assistants. I am immensely proud of myself for having got through the entire afternoon in German, notwithstanding one slightly awkward moment (third layer of corsetry; shop lady asks how I feel; I aim for levity, as in "like a turkey trussed up for Christmas". Their faces show that I haven't quite hit my mark. I am hoping that Pute, which is what I was aiming at in German for turkey, does not have a secondary meaning aligned to Pute in French, which, meaning prostitute, could conceivably mean I just cheerfully labelled myself a bondage whore... Might explain why they were a little silent for a while!!).

The remainder of the afternoon was spent giving myself a headache. I am reliably assured that one way to get the correct intonation in Strauss is to play the clashing chords for a couple of weeks, and eventually all will be clear. Well, damn it, it's a certain route to a headache (entire tonality is E flat diminished seventh; I'm in B minor, for anyone interested in this particular corner of buggeration); hope it's worth it eventually!

I have finally found my pocket-camera-charger. With luck and a following wind, pictures of the infamous Rehearsal Dress may well appear here next week. To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was close to being right about the day spent dealing with lingerie - it was show related!!!

    ReplyDelete