Wednesday 28 January 2015

I have to admit that I've been in hibernation for a little while now.  Cold weather tends to do that to me, and I do apologise!

However I haven't been totally lazy.  One of the great things about a career as an opera singer is the amount of spare time one has, often in new and wonderful environments.  I have always taken a camera of some sort with me at all times, and am proud to say that I now have an exhibition of photographs ongoing at the Bücherei Bischofsheim (opening times here) until April.  I have to admit that it's a little scary, venturing out into new artistic pastures at this point, but the fear is inextricably linked to the excitement, and actually I SO loved taking these photos, I'm very much enjoying showing them to others.  For anyone who is interested, the new (very basic, to be built upon) website is here.

Meanwhile, I am having a hell of a time trying to pack for my next venture.  Two weeks in Germany at the coldest time of the year, followed by a week of Oman in February (the statistics seem to me to be PERFECT!) with the proviso that tops should be long in the arm, mustn't be figure-hugging, yet still capable of managing desert heats . . .  (absolutely the opposite of every single bit of kit in my wardrobe); yes, this is . . . interesting.  Still, I'm very much looking forward to it.  Two weeks' rehearsal in Cologne for Oper Köln as Mrs Higgins in this English-speaking version of their production, then a week out in Oman for performances!  

I must say that the Royal Opera House in Muscat looks glorious and I can't wait to step out on stage there!  I'll try to keep my camera and my wits about me during the tour, and I am currently just praying that I can find the requisite "sensible shoes" for any possible trip into the desert.

I am SO drawn by the thought of a trip into the desert - but I really don't DO sensible shoes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment