Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sometimes a girl's just gotta do...

... absolutely nothing.

Yes, it's that time again when I have to concentrate on preserving my energy between all these rehearsals practising "less is more". I don't mean literally doing nothing, of course, lying wilted on the couch like some Great-Gatsby-type heroine, calling feebly for iced tea - the bathroom still needs cleaning, and essential supplies have to be fetched from the supermarket, cooked and eaten; but stilling the insatiable desire to DO, to create, to make something happen. That, of course, is my natural inclination, but at times like these, I am conscious that I owe a duty to the theatre to be as fresh as possible for each rehearsal, so I've been doing a lot of reading, mooching around, deadheading flowers and generally sitting on my hands.

Good thing too. Tomorrow's schedule shows rehearsals starting at 10 a.m. (this means being dressed, warmed up and ready to go on stage at that time) and (well yes of course with a break in the middle, but still...) continuing until 10.30 p.m. Despite it being April Fools' Day, I checked, and it's no joke. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment